Well, I couldn't get gauge on Ms Marigold with the Blue Sky cotton using 5's...or 4's...or 3's. Alas, it was not meant to be. So, to make myself feel better, my fiancee and I made some Derby pie!!
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white Karo syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
6 oz chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tsp bourbon (we like Maker's Mark!)
1 8 inch pie crust
1. Cream butter; add sugar gradually.
2. Add beaten eggs, syrup, salt and vanilla.
3. Add choco chips, pecans and bourbon. Stir well.
4. Pour into pie shell, place in preheated oven at 400-ish degrees. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until dark brown.
5. Serve with whipped cream for garnish, if you want.
This is a really easy pie to make, since it's mostly just stirring things together in a bowl. Of course you can make your own pie crust, but we usually cheat and buy the premade ones. You don't need to buy a big bottle of bourbon (unless you want to, as doing shots of Maker's or Wild Turkey always makes baking a little more interesting). We buy the little airplane-sized ones, which I think are adorable because they have a little red wax seal on them, just like the big mommy and daddy bottles!
Anyway, enjoy! Viva la pie!