she's crafty...and she's just my type

6.23.2004

Pippi Kneestockings numero uno

Hello. I'm Dayna and this is my knitting blog. I learned how to knit from my fifth grade teacher, and picked up the needles again when I was nineteen. It's become a bit of an obsession for me lately, and I wanted to make a blog to keep track of my work. And also to show off. : ) Plus, it's helped me to look at other knitters' blogs for advice on projects and such.

And now, with no further ado, my latest project. I finished my first sock ever last week! It's the Pippi Kneestockings pattern from the Stich n' Bitch book
and I'm happy with how it turned out. Now I just gotta get started on the mate...


yarn: Bernat Sox in hot pink, hot steel, and ice hot (ooo hot!)
needles: size 2's
time: one week
notes: The pattern calls for size 3's, but I have smallish feet, so I went down to 2's and they fit fine. I couldn't find the elastic in the pattern, so I just used white beading elastic (hence the first stripe in white) and it's a little scratchy but okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home